Skip to main content

Why cats make the best pets

There was a woman in Wasilla who said cats were worthless animals. Well I tend to disagree. I've always been a cat person and find these little creatures more lovable and kind than alot of human's I've known. I have had three female cats I've adored plus many more. Katarina who was put in an animal shelter without my permission by Herder Winkleman. He not only took her life but made me homeless as well when I first moved to Anchorage, Alaska. I can only imagine how she must have felt when he'd betrayed her. And then there was my dear Pokey who died in 2010 of liver cancer. People had given me her in 2002 when leaving Alaska and she was already six years old. What I loved about Pokey is that she was feisty and spirited. If she didn't like someone she'd go and bite them a good one. Didn't take anything off anybody! But when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2008 Pokey started going into convulsions. She had some liver problems and we put her on pills thinking we could cure her. But it didn't work. She died at home in July of 2010. I took her to the vets to be cremated and I think I bawled all the way to Anchorage. I refused to bury her in Alaska. Do cats talk to us? I believe they do! I went shopping with Cathy at Walmart and went pass the cat food. Pokey loved to eat. I can say that about my Pokey. She died happy because she'd eaten about half a chicken before she passed on. I started crying thinking of buying her favorite cat food. Her little spirit came to me and told me not to cry that she wasn't in pain anymore and she thanked me for giving me a home. She also called me "mommy." Told me she'd see me someday. I was going to wait until I left Alaska to get another cat. But one day Cathy and I was driving to the temple in Anchorage and I told her "Let's stop at Animal Control." I found the cutest little Calico cat that I immediately fell in love with. I had Cathy adopt her for me because I didn't want my money-hungry greedy landlords charging another cat deposit. Anyway, Cathy made a big deal about adopting her right? Like we were doing something illegal! All I was doing was giving a little animal a home right? I had to take her back to Anchorage to get spade and I think Sissy cried all the way. Like I was abandoning her. It about broke my heart! She wouldn't even look at me when I took her in even though I had her favorite food and toys with her. The next day I went and got her and had to travel 50 miles from Wasilla to pick her up. She was okay with that. I went to the temple that night and told her--"Mommy is going to the temple tonight Sissy. You have your food and water and I left enough window open so she'd have plenty of air. When I got out I put her carrier in the front seat and I believe she slept all the way home. So, no matter what kind of cat you've adopted they soon win your heart over very fast. Sissy loves doing summersalts, gives the cutest smirks with her teeth, and loves dragging rugs everywhere. Don't know why she does that but she does. On her adoption papers it said "She needs a good home." In my new apartment here in Boise she has her own bedroom. She likes to sleep there, and all her toys (most of them) are in "her" bedroom. I won't let her go outside because of all the traffic. But she's adjusted well I believe in her new home here. She loved running around outside in the woods in Alaska but I've told her this isn't Alaska anymore. I think sometimes cats have loved me more than human-beings. They sure don't hurt you thats for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat women in America

I know being overweight or obese is unhealthy for us. I've been overweight for sometime now but not nearly as heavy as these poor ladies. I think being overweight is more of an "emotional" issue rather than just genetics or poor eating habits or not enough exercise. When I was in high school I was always told I was too fat and I weighed appromately 140-150 pounds and at almost 5 feet 7 inches tall that wasn't fat at all. I think the abuse of family members and my ex-husband and boyfriends caused me to gain weight more than anything. When you are beaten with a belt by a brother it causes emotional issues. When your sister screams at you all night long she hopes you become a prostitute when you are just 19 it causes emotional issues. Or when you are married and your husband constantly puts you down and calls you an educated idiot, that you can't do anything right causes emotional issues. I know this is why I've gained my weight. But again I'm on ano

When you don't have your perfect ever after

When I first joined the LDS church in 1971 I could have had that perfect Mormon wedding. The one where you found Mr. Right and got to marry in an LDS temple and live happily ever. But life never turns out like the way we wish. Some of our prince charmings are killed in war and never come back. They die way before their time and never come back to take you to proms, to dances, or to even kiss you on the cheek. You have to go to proms with absolute mental retards that leave you stranded at the prom. When you do get married it's to someone who is mentally challenged. This is where you stay on your honeymoon. Your kids make big messes in the kitchen. You get super fat. Your husband yells at you to clean the house, even!  He tells you the house is a stinking mess! You find yourself divorced and hom

More and more homeless families and children in America yet President Trumps cuts foodstamps

I guess homeless families, and children, and growing poverty in America doesn't concern a billionaire president who just recently cut foodstamps for America's poor. One out of five children in America today are homeless and hungry yet the richest president in America's history has cut foodstamps more than 1/2 for the nation's poor. And most of them are children. Funny how our government can build new missles, new ships, build a Berlin wall, and help the refugees all across America and yet allow America's most vunerable to go hungy. Shame on you Donald Trump, shame on you!