Skip to main content

What if your husband looked like Michael Bolton?

What if your husband looked like Michael Bolton? When I lived in Anchorage, Alaska I was called to be a History Consulant in the O'Malley ward. My sister Janis, and my mom and I were the family geneologist's for years. After mom passed away my sister asked if I wanted the family geneology and I said no, just give it to Gary my nephew who put it on a family software program. If I had taken it I'm afraid I would have lost all the early records because I lost most everything I owned in a storage shelter in Washington. Just like I lost most everything I had when moving back to the lower 48 from Alaska. Anyway, my sister and I often had "dead" relatives visiting from beyond wanting their family history done on the otherside. It's not everyone who "sees" dead people. Just some of us have been given that gift I believe. Anyway, one day I felt the distinct impression that John Hansen from my home-town had come to me and wanted his work done in the temple. I don't know how I knew it was John but he just kept coming to me over and over again. A woman who'd been a History Consultant on her mission told me he wanted his work done in the temple! My bishop got me an old Hewlett Packard computer for my calling. It was pouring down rain and I asked my friend Rainy McCominsky who I'd often helped with family history at her house to see if she could come and get me. Everytime I did the packets for the missionaries I'd always pray about it. Well we prayed about finding John Hansen and I could feel him with me telling me to look on the Vietnam War Memorial. Sure enough! I found him. I was home sick from church after getting my computer and sure enough he came to me again. It was like he was pushing me to the computer. He said--"Look on Oregon Cemeteries." And I found both his birth and death dates. I had everything I needed to submit his work to the temple. But I didn't have his family permission. I had no idea how to contact his family. His mother had been my HS Algebra teacher and didn't know if she was dead or alive. I just felt John wanted his work done! I submitted his work to the Anchorage Alaska temple and had my own work done about that time. I could feel him beside me in my car telling me "Thank you Deborah for doing this work for me." After that I wanted to know about his life. I got email from men he served with in Vietnam as he'd been killed in 1969 as a helicopter pilot. Plus found information from friends he had in Oregon from my highschool we both attended. We both liked hamburgers and he was called "Wimpy" while in Vietnam by the Scout Troop he was in. We both played the trumpet and he loved flying helicopters. I played the trumpet for a time but my dad wouldn't pay for it as I would play Taps under his window when he was trying to sleep! John played Taps every Memorial Day at a parade in my old home-town. He also wrecked his mother's Pink Chrysler on the freeway by smashing the side and I dented in my dad's first new Pinto in 1971 when I hit a tree. We both attended Eastern Oregon College and we both wore dweeby looking glasses in highschool and belonged to FTA (Future Teacher's of America!) I had never married in the temple or sealed to anyone but the holy spirit told me I'd find my husband in the temple. And I believe it was John. I feel him so much with me these days and in fact have a spirit that has come to me for sometime and visits me at night. When my sister was visiting Alaska one time she thought it was just another one of my "stories" I had made up until he visited her in the temple. We were at Walmart one day and I saw one of Michael Bolton's Christmas CD's and asked her if she thought John looked like that and she said that the man she saw in the temple looked just like Michael Bolton! One time while taking a bath I felt John's spirit with me again and I asked him what he looked like and he said--"Oh I'm very handsome and have blonde hair and blue eyes." I thought--"No conceit in his family is there?" I just feel in my heart John is waiting for me on the otherside and that someday we will have the opportunity to marry for eternity and have a family together someday. In the meantime I love listening to Michael Bolton's CD's. My favorite is--"A Dream is a Wish your Heart makes."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat women in America

I know being overweight or obese is unhealthy for us. I've been overweight for sometime now but not nearly as heavy as these poor ladies. I think being overweight is more of an "emotional" issue rather than just genetics or poor eating habits or not enough exercise. When I was in high school I was always told I was too fat and I weighed appromately 140-150 pounds and at almost 5 feet 7 inches tall that wasn't fat at all. I think the abuse of family members and my ex-husband and boyfriends caused me to gain weight more than anything. When you are beaten with a belt by a brother it causes emotional issues. When your sister screams at you all night long she hopes you become a prostitute when you are just 19 it causes emotional issues. Or when you are married and your husband constantly puts you down and calls you an educated idiot, that you can't do anything right causes emotional issues. I know this is why I've gained my weight. But again I'm on ano

When you don't have your perfect ever after

When I first joined the LDS church in 1971 I could have had that perfect Mormon wedding. The one where you found Mr. Right and got to marry in an LDS temple and live happily ever. But life never turns out like the way we wish. Some of our prince charmings are killed in war and never come back. They die way before their time and never come back to take you to proms, to dances, or to even kiss you on the cheek. You have to go to proms with absolute mental retards that leave you stranded at the prom. When you do get married it's to someone who is mentally challenged. This is where you stay on your honeymoon. Your kids make big messes in the kitchen. You get super fat. Your husband yells at you to clean the house, even!  He tells you the house is a stinking mess! You find yourself divorced and hom

More and more homeless families and children in America yet President Trumps cuts foodstamps

I guess homeless families, and children, and growing poverty in America doesn't concern a billionaire president who just recently cut foodstamps for America's poor. One out of five children in America today are homeless and hungry yet the richest president in America's history has cut foodstamps more than 1/2 for the nation's poor. And most of them are children. Funny how our government can build new missles, new ships, build a Berlin wall, and help the refugees all across America and yet allow America's most vunerable to go hungy. Shame on you Donald Trump, shame on you!