I think this would be a good book to have for Provident Living. Our pioneer ancestors didn't have supermarkets or farmer's markets to buy groceries, they didn't have washer & dryer's (I wash my clothes out by hand as I live in an apartment), they didn't have cars or buses to get around, they didn't have foodstamps or welfare or even social security checks. But families back then helped one-another. A sick aunt or mother was taken care of by their families. They had large families back then and everyone helped with the chores: from spring planting, to weeding the gardens, growing vegetables, and the many chores the mother's had such as cooking over a wood stove, ironing, washing clothes in hot boiling water than having to put them on clotheslines and iron. They didn't have microwave ovens back then either. A cake was made from scratch, bread was home-made, and the only treats the kids got were at Christmas time. My mother said for Christmas t...
Comments
Post a Comment